ReviewsNo reviews yet
The island of Hispaniola was discovered by Christopher Columbus back in 1492 and at that time the only form of transportation was either by horseback or mule. Water Fall El Limon tour will help give you a taste of what that must have been like as you head off the beaten track on lush tropical trails to one of the most beautiful natural waterfalls in the Dominican Republic. It is also known locally as El Salto de Limon. These are the highest and most spectacular waterfalls on the Samana peninsula. This tour travels up some fairly steep terrain and so it’s not for the faint of heart. It is suggested you should have a relatively good level of fitness, a head for heights and also a sense of adventure is important for this tour. Also, the correct clothing is a must. First, it is important to make sure you wear a swimsuit under your clothes. Second but most importantly, the correct footwear. You will need to put on something comfortable that you don’t mind getting wet & dirty. Water shoes or old comfy sneakers with a good grip are ideal or bring both. Another important piece of information we like to inform you about is that national guides are not well paid and because of this it’s not a bad idea to bring a little money to tip your guide and for any incidentals, you might need along the way. Reviews for this tour are excellent and comments regarding the waterfalls are often described as a “must see”. Ultimately, this is a unique opportunity to see and experience the true natural beauty of the real
Please Note: Pregnant ladies should not book this tour due to the bumpy nature of the journey.
Included/ What to bring
- Take and use plenty of sunblock lotion
- A hat to help shade you from the sun
- Put on swimwear under your clothes before you leave your hotel
- Footwear is very important, comfy sneakers with a good grip that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet, water shoes at the falls are ideal. Definitely not flip flops!
- It’s a good idea to take a water bottle so that you can take a drink whenever you feel the need. Always keep it topped up.
- Take your camera as there are some fantastic photographic opportunities
- Take some money, for incidentals and to give your guide a tip, a few US dollars or Dominican pesos is not a bad idea.
- Take a SMILE, open your mind, enjoy the beautiful scenery and go with the flow. You are going to have a fantastic day out!
- All times indicated are approximate and only for reference. Your actual collection time for this tour will be indicated on your tour voucher which will be sent to you within 48 hours of your booking.
- Round trip transfer to and from your accommodation in Samana
- English speaking guide, expert in the history and knowledge of the area
- Horseback riding and helmet (we recommend that you bring bandanna to wear under your helmet as this is not supplied)
- A delicious Dominican lunch